The Hub Institute for Development and Strategic Studies (The Hub Institute) is an independent, non-partisan, nonprofit Mogadishu based Innovation hub and think tank registered with the Government of Somalia, Ministry of Interior, Federal Affairs and Reconciliation; Registration No. 0238 dated 01.09.2019. The Hub Institute provides Education, Research, Analysis Evaluation, Events, legislations and Policy Development to empower Somali statecraft and maintain civilized international relations development of Somalia and Africa as well.
The Hub Institute was established in the year 2018 by a group of eminent economists, Researchers, opinion formers, governance and security practitioners; Activists, and academicians, having expertise and rich experience in their respective fields. The Hub Institute’s main objective is about creating new ways to think, analyze and serve the country and the society with its scholarship and make contributions to the overall development of Somalia and Africa as well.
The Hub Institute is also aimed at building an open academic platform for Somalis and foreign experts on and young scholars devoted to African studies to undertake systematic and comprehensive research on Somalia, East African and Africa as well, accumulating academic achievements, cultivating Somalis personnel specialized in African studies.
The Hub Institute for Development and Strategic Studies (The Hub Institute) is leading Think Tank and Innovation Hub existing in Somalia. The Hub Institute have an Open space for technologist, innovators, researchers and social entrepreneurs to collaborate and network.
The Hub Institute have also 6 Research centers:
- Center for Strategic and Policy Studies,
- Center for Security and Intelligence Studies,
- Center for Economic Studies,
- Center for Crime and Justice Studies;
- Center for Historical and Cultural Studies and Center for Natural Resource & Environmental Policy),
The Hub Institute have 4 professional centers:
- Center for Investment and Trade Consulting,
- Center for Books and Materials on Africa;
- Center for Arts and Media Production;
- Center for Training and Employment
The Hub Institute for Development and Strategic Studies (The Hub Institute) is planning to step up strenuous and serious efforts in the coming years to construct academic ideas, establish its own academic school, pursue academic characteristics, forge academic brand and cultivate a team of academics to position itself as a dynamic first-class institution with comprehensive disciplines and an advanced administrative structure.
To become the leading Somali Institute and center of excellence in knowledge & application and strives to bring to the fore East Africa perspective on economic development, Security, Peace, Education, Research, ICT, Entrepreneurship Development and Sustainable development.
Our mission is to provide quality Research & Publications, Policy Development, Education; Civic Education, and become Innovation hub for technologist, innovators, researchers and social entrepreneurs to empower Somali statecraft and maintain civilized international relations.
- Offer academic research and publication, strategic studies & analysis focusing on local, regional and global issues.
- Organize Summits and other events bringing together regional and global strategist focusing on local, regional and global crises.
- Provide face-to-face classroom sessions and self-paced online educational content delivery platforms.
- Become the leading Innovation hub for technologist, innovators, researchers and social entrepreneurs to empower Somali statecraft and maintain civilized international relations.
- Provide Employment and Job creation opportunities and promote entrepreneurship for young graduates.
- Deliver quality in-service and leadership training that meets local governance and service delivery needs
- Enhance understanding and appreciation of local government issues, challenges, opportunities and potential solutions
- Develop and maintain effective Institute governance and management systems and operating facilities
The Hub Institute Institute is guided by commitment to the following values;
- Integrity – our relationship with our clients, employees and suppliers is based on the highest moral and ethical standards, thus complying with market-wide best practices.
- Transparency – our relationships are based on mutual trust, with constant sharing of experiences and key corporate practices and processes.
- Action –our flexibility and energy are a true reflection of the constantly changing marketplace.
- Success – we make our Clients’ goals come true, guaranteeing added value to our shareholder and optimizing our Employees’ growth and individual success.
- Corporate Social Responsibility – our entire operations are geared towards contributing positively to the community in which we find ourselves, and to society in general.
- THE HUB PROGRAMS
- The Hub Think Tank
- Research & Publication
- Advisory Field Support
- Advocacy and Outreach
Ø Good Governance and Public Sector Reform
Ø Urban & Local Government support
Ø Parliamentary Development
Ø Electoral Affairs and Political Parties
Ø Parliamentary Development
Ø Legal Research and Constitutionalism
- Strengthening Institutions
Ø Parliamentary Networking and Committee Services
Ø Information and Public Engagement
Ø Public Finance Management
Ø Human Resource Management
Ø Training and Capacity building
Ø Consultancy Services
Ø Legislative Services
Ø Knowledge Exchange
- Diploma And Short Courses Through:
Ø Face-to-Face Classroom Sessions
Ø Self-Based Online Courses
- Student Support Program
Ø Assignment Support of School/ University students.
Ø Assisting young researchers
Ø Admission and scholarship support
Ø Vocational training and seminars
Ø Online Tutoring
Ø Entrepreneurship development
Ø Employment and Job Creation for young graduates
- LIBRARY SERVICES
- The Hub Talks
- The Hub Conferences
Ø The Hub Youth
Ø The Hub Summit
Ø The Hub Women
The Hub Innovation